Fun facts about the state of Hawaii
Hawaii State Facts
Here are some Hawaii fun facts you probably didn't know about:
- Hawaii is the only state that grows coffee.
- There are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet. Vowels: A, E, I, O, U Consonants: H, K, L, M, N, P, W
- From east to west Hawaii is the widest state in the United States.
- There are no racial or ethnic majorities in Hawaii. Everyone is a minority.
- The island houses the world's biggest telescope and more scientific observatories in one place than anywhere else in the world.
- Hawaii has its own time zone (Hawaiian Standard Time.) There is no daylight savings time.) The time runs two hours behind Pacific Standard Time and five hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
- Hawaii has the fewest overweight people in the United States. About 19.7 percent of Hawaii residents are overweight, compared to about 30 percent on the mainland.
Other Hawaii state facts:
- Hawaii State Tree: Candlenut Tree
- Hawaii State Flower: Pua Aloalo (Hibiscus)
- Hawaii State Bird: Nene
Do you need more vital information about a Hawaiian resident? We also offer Birth Records and Death Records. Use our free search form to find and search for people in HI and get the Hawaii public information you need fast. Click here to Search Nationwide Public Records by maiden name, spouse name, age, DOB or SSN for unlisted numbers, addresses, roommates and family members.
Need to find someone fast?
Type in their name and hit "Search"